Website DP World
Identify and source for technical and operational supplies required for the vessels and ensure that the rates are most economical.
- Ensure all relevant information regarding a vessel repair / docking is updated in the PMS system.
- Liaise with customers on technical and operational matters including vessel performance.
- Liaise with the Purchasing department to ensure that purchase requisitions are being tracked and expedited in a timely manner. Report to Fleet Manager when delays have the potential to impact on vessels operational capabilities. Ensure minimum spare requirements are met.
- Perform monthly review of logs processes and attend to vessel inspections and submit reports.
- Responsible for the control and updating of the vessel Technical Library (ship’s plans and drawings) as required.
- Ensure IMCA guidelines and “best industry practices” are adhered to at all times.
- Oversee and give input to prepare tender documents including establishing costs/budgets/programs and be part of subsequent bid/tender evaluations.
- Co-ordinate and supervise service repairs, utilizing approved sub-contractors as required and ensure all such repairs are completed in a timely and satisfactory manner and within the vessel’s set operational budget.
- Prepare accurate and comprehensive vessel dry-dock specifications and to supervise dry-dockings and repairs to completion as directed. Dry dockings and repairs may take place at a location remote from normal place of work.
- Liaising with repair yard management, sub-contractors, Class and Administration to ensure all works are carried out in accordance with agreed specifications and time schedules.
- Providing written reports as required, detailing in service repairs dry-docking repairs and surveys, including costs incurred during such activities.
- Responsible for the overall management and technical operations of the vessels under his responsibility. This includes overseeing the daily maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey scheduling, onboard general assessment of vessels, inspections and docking when required.
- Ensure Company owned and managed vessels are operated in a safe, efficient and economical manner and in full compliance with Class and Statutory regulations.
- Ensure the assigned vessels are fully operational technically or otherwise managed accordingly to the management agreement requirements.
- To maintain the classification status of the vessels under his charge and to ensure that the survey status reports are sent to the vessels on a monthly basis.
- Maintain high technical knowledge and ensure personal development through training and self-development.
- Undertake any other Technical related assignments as and when required.
- Unlimited STCW ’95 Chief Engineer’s license (Motor) sea going vessels or
- Engineering degree/diploma in mechanics/electromechanical engineering
- Participate in annual review and evaluate projects to determine success and how improvements can be made in the future report and present findings.
Company: DP World
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.