Website Chalhoub Careers
The Chief Technology Officer must possess agility in their approach to problem-solving, with the ability to develop effective strategies and see them through to execution. They should also be capable of hands-on coding and have a willingness to get involved in technical implementation wherever possible.
- Legal and Financial processes
- Participate in strategic and operational governance processes of the business organization as a member of the senior management team.
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including vendors and partner organizations.
- Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all IT staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
- Ensure IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Establish lines of control for current and proposed information systems.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate, cost/benefit analyses for IT spending, initiatives and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Act as an advocate for the organization’s IT vision via regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users.
- Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments.
- Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT organization.
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems.
- Determine an organization’s long-term systems needs and hardware acquisitions to accomplish the organization’s business objectives
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices.
- Advise, counsel, and educate executives and management on their competitive or financial impact.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- MBA or Masters Degree in Computer applications
- Be a forward thinker and able to identify potential risks and opportunities
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and ability to adapt to fast changing environment
- Ability to think outside the box
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Proven experience as Chief Technology Officer, or a similar role (retail experience is preferred)
- Previous Experience: Minimum 7 years
- Previous experience working in a startup is mandatory
Company: Chalhoub Careers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.