Website American Hospital Dubai
Provides comprehensive management of wound and Ostomy care to patient presenting to AHD and referred to wound care services. Uses knowledge and skills to make clinical decisions, develop plans of care and evaluate the effectiveness of care for patients. Develops and promotes activities related to the prevention and treatment of wounds, enterostomal care, peristomal complications for the multidisciplinary team that provides total patient care at AHD.
- Manages inventory of wound care related equipment (Vac machines, wound cart, etc.)
- Coordinates with external vendors for the procurement of special dressings and consumables.
- Liaises with and updates the Physicians and multidisciplinary team for any significant changes in the plan of care of wounds.
- Takes part in the nursing orientation to orient about wound care services.
- Assesses staff’s skills for wound care management and provides additional training as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and the ability to render care and services based on needs, age appropriateness and developmental stage of patients.
- Performs wound care management in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures and best practice guidelines.
- Maintains accurate and thorough documentation following established standards.
- Liaises with Materials Management and the multidisciplinary clinical team to establish and maintain an appropriate line of wound care products for use with the AHD patient population.
- Attends Product Standardization Committee meetings as necessary to promote and advocate for appropriate wound care products.
- Liaises with hospital departments in monitoring standards of care relating to wound care management. Reviews appropriate policies, procedures, and updates according to evidence based, best practices.
- Assesses, plans, designs, implements, and evaluates educational programs for patients and families in preventative and self-care in relation to wound care techniques (Ostomy care, Negative Pressure Wound Therapy, wound dressing change, etc.)
- Performs sharp debridement
- Supports staff in the care of patients with wounds and collaborates with multidisciplinary care givers in revising treatment regimens.
- Demonstrates problem solving / critical thinking skills ensuring effective functioning of job performance.
- Assesses the educational needs of staff related to wound care, assigns their wound care competencies, and assists in providing educational programs for staff in coordination with the unit nurse manager/designee.
- Demonstrates competent technical wound management skills and communicate to the physicians.
- Teaches, supports, coaches and mentors nursing staff to promote evidence-based practice, knowledge, skills, and professional development related to wound care management.
- Visits patients requiring wound care management in a timely manner and evaluates care given. Reports findings to Team Leader and/or Nurse Manager /responsible physician as necessary, documents findings and plan of care in the EMR.
- BLS, ACLS certification
- At least 3 years’ experience in wound care management role
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing (duration not less than three years)
- Certification in wound management from any recognised organisation with minimum 3 years of wound care experience
- Certification as an Ostomy Management Specialist from any recognised organisation with minimum 3 years of experience
- Minimum 3 years general medical / surgical /critical care experience
Company: American Hospital Dubai
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.